Sunday, February 3, 2008

A propos : one-eye will never be king

If you imagine what the land of the blind will look like, one-eye will go mad if you ask me. Or be declared mad, just like I tend not to believe people who claim to see true visions of the future or to be able to speak with the dead.

Well, when you look it up - google it or wiki it - others before me have had a similar thought. H.G. Wells for one wrote The Country of the Blind according to this wiki page. I also learned that the saying originated from Erasmus, who is not known for being the stupidest kid in town. Wouldn't he have thought of it?

2 comments:

Robin said...

Frank, do you mean: one Eye will go "bad" or "mad". I can't get the meaning the way you wrote it.

FrankiLund said...

Thanks Robin,

I meant 'mad' and I meant 'one eye' as the person identified by having one eye. So, I changed 'one eye' into 'one-eye' to make that clear.
cheers,
Frank